Digital design tools (in the widest definition of the term) support decision systems and the overall planning process in every discipline in the Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) realm. At BCT, we develop a variety of software solutions, plugins and other tools that are summarized (and mostly available for free) on this page.
- GA Optimization for MS Excel (Schreyer) – This optimization tool implements Genetic Algorithm optimization into Microsoft Excel.
Plugins for Trimble SketchUp:
- Plugin Loader for SketchUp (Schreyer) – Adds a possibility to load plugins for SketchUp on-demand.
- Centroid and Area Properties Plugin for SketchUp (Schreyer) – Calculates centroids and area properties (such as Moment of Inertia) for any face in SketchUp.
- SketchUp Ruby Code Editor (Schreyer) – A Ruby script editor for SketchUp, which allows to script many aspects of SketchUp.
- Sketchfab Uploader Plugin for SketchUp (Schreyer) – Provides uploading of 3D models to the Sketchfab website, where they can be viewed using WebGl.
Wood Connection Structural Design:
- DOWEL – A Software to Simulate Dowel-Type Connectors in Wood or Other Materials (Schreyer) – Simulates the cyclic structural behaviour of a single-dowel connection.