The following is a list of equipment and software that are available to UMass (and Five College) faculty and students through the Trimble Technology Lab. You can also find below links to learning resources for each of them.
Rethinking the way construction estimating is done.
Collaborative software for interactive high-performance building design.
Notes: To use Sefaira, you need a user account with them. Email Alex Schreyer and he can set you up.
SketchUp Pro + LayOut
The most intuitive way to design, document and communicate your ideas in 3D.
BIM tools for strucural steel and precast concrete designers, detailers and fabricators, concrete contractors, GC’s and structural engineers.
The cloud platform bringing people, technology, and building project information together.
Vico Office Suite
Constructability analysis and coordination, quantity takeoff, 4D location-based scheduling and production control, and 5D estimating for BIM 3D models.
Point cloud modeling software enabling you to register, visualize, explore and manipulate as-built data collected from your Trimble laser scanner.
Trimble Business Center (TBC)
The capability to efficiently edit, process, and adjust geospatial data and create deliverables.
Trimble TX8 3D Scanner
LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) may be used to scan buildings or other formations to produce a 3D point cloud model. The unit can aim its laser beam in a wide range: its head rotates horizontally; a mirror tilts vertically. The laser beam is used to measure the distance to the first object on its path. Data loads directly into Trimble RealWorks to colorize scans, register, manage, analyze, model, publish and deliver.
- 1 million PPS with no compromise on scan quality and range
- Typical high quality scan time of only 3 minutes
- Easy to use onboard interface with no complex parameters
- Integrated HDR camera to colorize scans
- Integrated WLAN for remote operation from any mobile device
- Upgradable from 120m standard to 340m extended range
Trimble V10 Imaging Rover
Positions from Pictures. An integrated camera system that precisely captures 360-degree digital panoramas for efficient visual documentation and measurement of the surrounding environment.
- Generate Survey, GIS or mapping accuracy positions from images
- Rapid data collection with one-button capture of panoramas
- 12 calibrated cameras capture 60 MP panorama for full site visualization
- Create 3D models and point clouds from pictures
- Seamless integration with the Trimble R-series GNSS receivers, the Trimble S-series total stations, and the VX Spatial Station
- Familiar, easy-to-use workflows in Trimble Access field software
- Flexible, simple processing in Trimble Business Center to generate deliverable
Trimble S9 Total Station
A total station is an electronic theodolite (transit) integrated with an electronic distance measurement (EDM) that reads slope distances from the instrument to a particular point.
- Available 0.5” or 1” angle accuracy
- Trimble DR Plus or DR HP EDM for optimal speed, accuracy and reliability
- Optional Trimble VISION and SureScan technology
- Locate2Protect real-time equipment monitoring and Trimble InSphere equipment management
- Complete field-to-office solution for quick data capture and processing
- Trimble 4D Control software for monitoring management
Product Website | Learning Resources