Website Wendel Klein Builders
We are growing and looking for the right experienced carpenter to join our team.
Wendel Klein Builders is a small Design-Build firm working in the Greater Cambridge area. We offer our clients a very customer first experience focusing on high quality building, integrity, attentiveness, cleanliness and friendliness. We do what we say we will when we will. This all applies to our clients as well as our employees.
We are looking for an experienced carpenter who can work as part of a team as well as independently. The desire to grow into a Lead Carpenter is encouraged although not required. We prefer to promote from within and are looking for folks who want to grow with us.
Please submit resume or work experience via ZipRecruiter: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/5b5359cd
- This is a full time position offering an hourly wage between $22.00 – $34.00 per hour.
- 8 paid company holidays plus 10 additional paid days off per year. Roll over max 5 days per year
- Annual tool allowance of $1,000.00 per year.
- 50% monthly contribution toward insurance plans from Always Health Partners and MetLife Dental
- Reimbursement for gym and other health related memberships up to $25.00 per month.
- Reimbursement for construction related continuing education, training and licenses
- Setting a positive example for the jobsite team by actively supporting everyone on the crew, regardless of skill level, and never openly criticizing other members of the project team
Submitting accurate timesheets on a daily basis
- Consistently arriving at the jobsite on time, working within daily start and stop times, and taking break and lunch with crew
- Organizing the work day and work flow to minimize overtime
- Taking initiative to solve project problems and maintain high standards, involving the Lead Carpenter only when needed
- Keeping the jobsite stocked with required materials with three or fewer supplier trips per week
- Supporting the Lead Carpenter in maintaining a clean and well-organized jobsite and ensuring personal, jobsite, and crew safety at all times
- Ensuring good communication and prompt response to calls/texts/emails from the client and others on the project team
- Submitting coded receipts to the Lead Carpenter in a reliable and timely fashion
- Consistently demonstrating comprehension of the carpentry skills listed below and an ability to accomplish related tasks proficiently and with minimal supervision, backtracking, or re-work
- Layout and execution of wall framing, floor framing, and all but the most complicated roof framing
- Operation of all required tools safely and efficiently
- Execution of all phases of exterior siding and trim
- Execution of all phases of interior trim installation
- Door and window installation and flashing procedures
- Troubleshooting all waterproofing, flashing, and underlayment scenarios
- Hanging kitchen cabinets, including managing layout, leveling, troubleshooting, and room discrepancies
- Fabricating paint grade cabinets and built ins
- Installation of hardware and accessories
- Cutting and installation of rough and finished stairs alongside a Lead Carpenter
- Setup, usage, and safety monitoring of all ladder, scaffold, and harness equipment
- Ability to provide sequential instructions to Apprentices within company protocol
- Reliable vehicle suitable for a professional carpenter
- Able to work full time Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Sufficient strength to execute job duties
- Comfortable on ladders and staging
About Wendel Klein Builders
Wendel Klein Builders, Inc. is a full service residential and light commercial remodeling company. With a group of exceptional in-house carpenters and a close-knit team of subcontractors, we at WKB, take pride in our fine work and exceptional customer service.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.