Website Triumph Modular
Jr. Construction Estimator
Responsible for preparing project estimates, scope development, subcontractor procurement and relations, evaluation of price proposals, compliance by subcontractor and manufacturers with contractual requirements and project specifications. Additional responsibilities include:
· Attend pre-bid conferences and job sites (when applicable) and assist with preparation of RFI’s.
· Review project for viability and make recommendations prior to proceeding.
· Assist with development of project schedule.
Assemble all project costs by Division of Work.
Build data base of historical information for future reference.
Prepare the ‘leveling book’ to compare subcontractor pricing and scope inclusions / exclusions and offer opinion as to which proposals to carry into bid (utilization of Building Connected)
Identify project financial risks and contingency recommendations by Division of Work.
Develop and Implement estimating policies and procedures using Building Connected software.
Recommend pricing positions to senior management.
Prepare project pricing presentations to senior management to assist in bid pricing decisions.
Identify new sources for subcontracted services and material suppliers.
Oversee project estimates from start to finish. Coordinate and direct activities of associates assigned to support the estimating process.
Perform a key role in project budgeting and identification of resources needed.
Assist with project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
Manage Pre-Qualification Software (Building Connected). Communicate effectively with subcontractors and suppliers.
Coordinate calls with modular factories to review scopes of work.
Coordinate conference calls with modular factories and subcontractors to review work to be completed in the field.
Assemble project specific pricing notes for future reference.
Handle all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build long term relationships.
Initiate suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
Maintain all visual management tools for the department
Subcontractor and Supplier Management:
· Acquire and maintain a formal and deep Resource Network that provides Construction Services and Operations Departments a broad and qualified arsenal of suppliers and subcontractors.
· Develop Software (Building Connected) to support the needs of the department in both cost estimating and subcontractor qualifications.
· Expertise in procurement and subcontractor terms and conditions negotiations.
· Develop subcontracting and vendor procurement policies and processes
Bachelor degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
Position may require limited travel.
Chad and Rabbit drafting experience is a plus
Time management and technical skills with proficiency in Excel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org