Website Thompson Engineering Company, Inc.
Electrical Engineering Consulting Firm
BIM/CAD Operator – Summer 2022 Internship
Thompson Engineering Company is now accepting applications for BIM/CAD Operators to join our team.
Thompson Engineering Company is an electrical consulting firm that provides complete electrical engineering services for our clients. Since 1935, the firm has proven to be a major presence in and around Boston and New England, and continues to take on many exciting projects today.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Produce plans, elevations, sections and details from field measurements, sketches and mark-ups provided by Project Managers.
• Provide CAD drafting/BIM modeling and design support
• Review all work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with standards
• Perform CAD/Revit drafting work in accordance with office standards and procedures.
• Ability to take on other responsibilities such as coordination with other trades, LEED documentation, and using software to check building code compliance and to produce photometric lighting calculations, as well as some construction administration tasks.
• BIM/CAD operators will be simultaneously working on a number of different projects in a wide range of scopes and scales.
• BIM/CAD Operators students will work closely with project engineers to gain design responsibilities and knowledge.
• Intern level positions can lead to full-time positions and advancement after graduation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Basic CAD and BIM knowledge is required; experience in AutoCAD release 2017-2021 and Revit is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Bluebeam/Adobe PDF and MS Office Suite.
• Effective organizational/planning and time management skills
• Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
• Good communications skills and capable of working well within a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs; bend; stoop; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description covers the most significant, major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of the job.
Our office is located on Route 1 in Danvers, MA, 16 miles north of Boston.
We offer an excellent work environment and competitive hourly wages including overtime pay.
Please submit resumes to
Thompson Engineering Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. All employment decisions are strictly based on merit, individual qualifications, and business needs. Our team’s goal is to foster an open creative environment that embraces diversity and represents a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives, where all people feel included and can do their best work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com