Website Thompson Engineering Company, Inc.
Electrical Engineering Consulting Firm
Thompson Engineering Company is now accepting applications for a full-time BIM/CAD Operator to join our team.
Thompson Engineering Company is an electrical consulting firm that provides complete electrical engineering services for our clients. Since 1935, the firm has proven to be a major presence in and around Boston and New England, and continues to take on many exciting projects today.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Produce plans, elevations, sections, and details from field measurements, sketches, and mark-ups provided by Project Managers.
• Provide CAD drafting/BIM modeling and design support.
• Review all work for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with standards.
• Coordinate with client BIM standards.
• Perform CAD/Revit drafting work in accordance with office standards and procedures.
• Ability to take on other responsibilities such as coordination with other trades, LEED documentation, and using software to check building code compliance and to produce photometric lighting calculations, as well as some construction administration tasks.
• BIM/CAD operators will be simultaneously working on a number of different projects in a wide range of scopes and scales.
• The individual in this position reports to the Project Managers and Principals.
• Minimum associates degree level education in a related area of study and applicable work experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
• Working knowledge of Bluebeam/Adobe PDF.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Effective organizational/planning and time management skills.
• Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
• Good communications skills and capable of working well within a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and work at a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs; bend; stoop; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description covers the most significant, major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the major purpose of the job.
Our office is located on Route 1 in Danvers, MA, 16 miles north of Boston.
We offer an excellent work environment, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing plan, and more. Waiting period for some benefits may apply.
COVID-19 – Social distancing protocols and sanitizing/cleaning procedures in place.
Thompson Engineering Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. All employment decisions are strictly based on merit, individual qualifications, and business needs. Our team’s goal is to foster an open creative environment that embraces diversity and represents a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives, where all people feel included and can do their best work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org