The Green Engineer, Inc.
The Green Engineer, Inc. seeks an individual with an interest in sustainable building practices to assist with our LEED projects. The individual will assist with a variety of commercial and public building projects ranging from office and high-tech laboratories to hospitals and schools. This internship offers a great opportunity to work with leaders in the sustainable design field on high-profile projects.
This is a full-time, four-month internship; 40 hours per week, January through April 2022. We are currently working remote due to the pandemic with limited staff going into the office a few days a week. For this internship, we would expect weekly to bi-weekly in person attendance in our Concord office, with the remaining time spent working from home. We have implemented COVID-19 precautions and protocols that we continue to follow for the safety of our staff.
We are located in Concord, MA and are accessible by commuter rail from downtown Boston on the Fitchburg train line, with a 5-minute walk from West Concord station to our office.
- Review architectural, HVAC, and electrical drawings and specifications for compliance with LEED
- Assist Sustainability Consultants in LEED project management tasks and perform calculations for LEED credit analysis including water savings, open space, transportation, and materials product assessment.
- Support Sustainability Consultants on WELL and Fitwel projects by performing calculations and reviewing materials.
- Participate in client meetings to discuss sustainable design and LEED compliance strategies and energy reduction strategies.
- Research green building technologies, trends, and materials.
- Student in Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- Strong interest in Sustainability, Building Design, and associated technologies.
- Familiarity with green building practices, policies and technologies, and with LEED and other building certification programs.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and/or mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Software: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Familiarity with AutoCAD or other computer-aided design (CAD) software is helpful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org