Website steveworks LLC
Craftsmanship, Design, Sustainability and Value
Are you passionate about the craft of building? Looking for work that aligns with your values? Join the team at steveworks.
steveworks is a family-run company that values employees who share our dedication to excellence. We are seeking a Lead Carpenter with at least 10 years of carpentry experience to join our team. This is a tool-belt-on position that will lead the on-site crew.
At steveworks our residential remodeling projects exemplify quality, craftsmanship, durability, value and sustainability. We are located in Newton, MA, and work in the surrounding areas. We believe supporting our employees, clients and the environment are integral to the success of our company and community. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and creating a team that makes you want to come to work every day!
Required skills and experience
· excellent rough and finish carpentry skills
· effective communication skills with clients, crew, subcontractors and management
· experience running a crew, scheduling subs, standing inspections
· effective problem solving & ability to plan ahead
· understanding of building science; ability to execute advanced framing, air sealing, and weatherization techniques
· ability to do material takeoffs & order materials
· ability to plan and execute material/framing layouts
· budget and time tracking; reporting to management
· track record of running a safe, clean, efficient job site
· ability to take initiative when needed and show good judgement
· ability to lead a job site team that is cohesive, mutually respectful, and works well together
· comfort with email communication, accessing digital files via iPad
· willingness to teach and mentor apprentice carpenters to advance their skills
· OSHA 10 and preferably OSHA 30 certification
· Massachusetts CSL preferred
We will also consider candidates with most of the above skills and the interest and potential to grow to become a Lead.
What we provide
· Salary commensurate with experience ($33-38/hr for Lead Carpenter)
· Generous paid vacation, sick time and holidays
· Health & dental insurance
· 401(k) plan
· Tool allowance (including steel toe boots and Rx safety glasses)
· Mileage reimbursement for work-related use of your personal vehicle
· Opportunities for continuing education
· A fun, safe work environment that welcomes diversity
What we do
· Residential renovations and remodeling
· Custom built-ins and shelving
· Kitchens and baths
· Decks and porches
· Energy upgrades
· Window and door replacement
· Small handyman projects and much more
What we don’t do
· New construction (teardown and rebuild)
· Commercial spaces
· Major roofing
How to apply
Please apply via Indeed and include a note describing your experience and background, and why you think you’d be a good fit for steveworks. Please let us know where you saw this posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.