Website Mount Ida Campus
About the Mount Ida Campus
Located in Newton, adjacent to the Newton-Needham Innovation District, and the tech-focused Route 128 corridor, the Mount Ida Campus is growing its undergraduate and graduate career development programs with expanded access to internships and co-ops in the Greater Boston area.
Academic programs at the Mount Ida Campus are aligned with the increasing demand for talent in areas such as health care, business, building and construction technology, computer science, and other STEM specialties, ensuring the campus will play an important role in filling the talent pipeline that drives the Massachusetts innovation economy.
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid Internship ($17-20/hour, based on experience), and there are currently three positions available. There is also a possibility for interested students to extend the Internship through the Fall 2020 Semester as a Co-op.
Selected applicants may manage a variety of projects related to the build-out and maintenance of UMass Amherst’s new 70-acre satellite campus located in Newton, Massachusetts. Projects may include transportation infrastructure, space planning, office/classroom/laboratory renovations, landscape/grounds work, special project feasibility, wayfinding, and ADA-compliance/access control. Students work alongside the Campus Director, project managers, staff and faculty, and will gain hands on experience in a real-world context.
Familiarity with construction means and methods is preferred;
– Excellent project management skills;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Self-starter with ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and contribute productively in a team environment;
– Experience with LEED and/or interest in sustainable building best practices
– CAD experience, skills and expertise are useful
– Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction and quality control
– Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
– Excellent time management skills
Submit resume and cover letter to the attention of Dr. Paul J. Wolff III (). Virtual interviews will be arranged with candidates in anticipation of a potential Summer 2020 start date, to be determined.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com