Website GRIT Construction LLC
Real Estate Development and Construction Management Firm
GRIT Construction LLC, a real estate development and construction management firm in Philadelphia, is seeking a full-time Intern to join an entrepreneurial start-up owned and operated by a young professional in his early 30’s.
As an Intern with GRIT, you will gain hands-on training and experience in running a development company and a construction project from start to finish. During the internship, the successful candidate will learn the fundamentals of real estate acquisition, financing development deals, and the pre-development processes (zoning, entitlements and design/engineering). This candidate will also learn the pre-construction process and how to properly contract and set up a project before going vertical. You will be directly involved with working with the owners of the company on a daily basis in learning construction management techniques and how to effectively run a construction company. Best of all, interns can rock jeans and t-shirts to the office.
GRIT is seeking to expand and grow their team with some of the top rising talent in the industry. This position would start Summer of 2019.
· On-site project management (direct supervision from Senior Project Manager)
· Site logistics and planning (coordination of material procurement and deliveries)
· Purchasing and contract execution with subcontractors and suppliers
· Assist with code compliant inspections with Licenses & Inspections
· Lead in document management through GRIT’s online database
· Enforcement of company safety and policy procedures
· Presently enrolled in a 4-year University / College, currently a Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Building and Construction Technology, Civil Engineering or Real Estate (or similar area of study)
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
· Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to various job sites (reimbursement for mileage will be provided)
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
· Strong organization and time-management skills
· Must have GRIT
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com