Website Garland Mill
Garland Mill is looking for a full-time Site Supervisor with at least 5 years of hands-on carpentry experience. Garland Mill is one of the area’s leading builders of energy efficient homes, serving the North Country from an office in Lancaster, NH.
The Site Supervisor is the point person on the jobsite, managing and directing tasks of all crew members and subcontractors on site to ensure efficiency and productivity. The Site Super is responsible for coordinating MEP trades. The Site Supervisor is responsible for customer satisfaction, material take-offs and orders, jobsite supervision (including protection, cleanliness, and safety), supervising and scheduling subcontractors, inspections, and paperwork. The Site Supervisor needs to have the competency of a Carpenter, along with the managerial skills to actively manage and supervise all the different people who work on the jobsite.
We are looking for someone with experience on a wide variety of projects from takeoffs and layout, to rafters and stairs. This is a tool-belt-on position that will lead the on-site crew and trades. Our ideal candidate is knowledgeable in high performance building or wants to learn about new ways of building that go beyond satisfying the basic building code. They have a working knowledge of exterior insulation, detailing rain-screens, advanced framing, air sealing and the building science that motivates us to build this way.
Salary commensurate with experience plus paid holidays, vacation and retirement plan. Please apply via Indeed with a resume and email to introduce yourself, describe your relevant work experience and why you would be a great addition to our team.
Required skills and experience
- excellent rough and finish carpentry skills
- effective communication skills with clients, crew, trades and management – email, text, phone and in person
- experience running a crew, scheduling trades, organizing inspections
- effective problem solving & ability to plan ahead
- understanding of building science; ability to execute advanced framing, air sealing, and weatherization techniques
- ability to do material takeoffs & order materials
- ability to plan and execute material/framing layouts
- budget and time tracking; reporting to management
- track record of running a safe, clean, efficient job site
- ability to take initiative when needed and show good judgement
- ability to lead a job site team that is cohesive, mutually respectful, and works well together
- OSHA 10 and preferably OSHA 30 certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Lancaster, NH 03584 (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.