Website Mount Ida Campus
About the Opportunity
The Facilities and Sustainability Management Internship is a full or part-time paid Internship ($17-20/hour, based on experience) and there are currently two positions available.
Selected applicants may manage a variety of projects related to the build-out and maintenance of UMass Amherst’s new 70-acre satellite campus located in Newton, Massachusetts. Projects may include transportation infrastructure, space planning, office/classroom/laboratory renovations, landscape/grounds work, special project feasibility, wayfinding, and ADA-compliance/access control. Students work alongside the Campus Director, project managers, staff and faculty, and will gain hands on experience in a real-world context.
Familiarity with construction means and methods is preferred;
– Excellent project management skills;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Self-starter with ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and contribute productively in a team environment;
– Experience with LEED and/or interest in sustainable building best practices
– CAD experience, skills and expertise are useful
– Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction and quality control
– Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
– Excellent time management skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org