About this Job
Climate Corps is the premier graduate fellowship program to jump-start your career in clean energy or sustainability. Our competitive program selects qualified candidates from a variety of disciplines to work for a summer embedded within leading organizations to identify customized energy and climate solutions. Fellows works in cities across the US and China for 8-12 weeks. Fellows will gain access to an interactive training as well continuing education, including professional development opportunities, online resources and webinars.
Since 2008, Climate Corps has placed over 1,100 fellows in host organizations including American Red Cross, Google, Lyft, NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability and TPG Capital. A list of 2021 host organizations will be available to candidates during the interview process. Fellows are matched with host organizations based on their location, industry and project type preferences. See the full list of past organizations on our website.
Projects to Match Your Unique Skills and Career Goals
Working under the guidance of a host supervisor and EDF engagement manager, fellows uncover energy and climate solutions for their host organization. Projects culminate in a written report and series of recommendations to the host organization. Projects may focus on:
• Scaling Energy Efficiency: Identify energy and cost-saving measures, evaluate financing options and explore opportunities to implement advanced energy management technologies across a portfolio of buildings.
• Creating Commitments: Develop greenhouse gas emissions targets that are based in science and create strategies to achieve emission reduction goals through data-driven analysis such as energy benchmarking and carbon accounting.
• Accelerating Renewables & Electrification: Uncover opportunities for renewable energy generation, create strategies for increasing resiliency through microgrids and recommend tactics to increase the adoption of electric vehicles.
• Evaluating Supply Chain Sustainability: Quantify and baseline scope 3 emissions and develop recommendations for engaging suppliers on energy related emission reduction opportunities.
• At the time of application, enrolled in a graduate certificate or degree program studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or other relevant subjects
• At least 2 years of work experience
• Self-starter with project management and leadership experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• A passion for solving environmental challenges
• Eligible to work in the United States during the summer of 2021
Depending on available projects, additional skills may be useful:
• Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation
• Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy or sustainability projects
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reporting frameworks (e.g., CDP, GHG Protocol, The Climate Registry)
In order to develop the most innovative and inclusive environmental solutions, we need sustainability leaders that represent the community we serve. The Climate Corps program is proud that our fellows represent a diverse population of individuals with different experiences, backgrounds and identities – both visible and invisible. We believe this diversity makes our program stronger.
All selected Climate Corps fellows will participate in a week-long training in May 2021.
$1,250 per week for 8-12 weeks and, if applicable, reimbursement of travel costs to the training and Climate Corps Summit, an annual fall conference.
Please visit our website to complete your 2021 fellow application. For early consideration and the best opportunity to be matched with your preferred host organization, please apply by December 1, 2020 11:59 pm PT. The final application deadline is January 11, 2021 11:59 pm PT . For more information about the timeline and program, please visit the Climate Corps website.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org