Website CREST Internship
Creating tomorrow's leaders, today.
CREST is looking for self motivated, intelligent and ambitious students who are interested in pursuing a career in Commercial Real Estate (CRE). The CREST Internship Program is a highly competitive and renowned Internship opportunity because of the experience and exposure Interns receive throughout the course of the summer, and because CREST Interns are ideal candidates for full time employment upon completion of their Internships.
CREST places students with a variety of firms in the CRE Industry, with jobs including Asset Management, Brokerage, Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Development, Financial Advisory Services, and others. In this fast paced and social industry, no two days are the same. CREST Interns participate in case studies, site walks, luncheons, networking events, research and presentations, financial modeling and project management.
CREST is currently recruiting juniors, seniors and graduate students for the following positions:
Construction Management Intern
Construction Management Internship – Job Description
Company seeks motivated, enthusiastic “can do” Intern with a love for
construction. As an intern you will work alongside estimators, superintendents, project
managers and gain hands on experience within the construction management industry.
The right candidate wi ll have a variety of skills and the willingness to perform a range of
tasks in a fast paced work environment.
Positions available in Operations/ Estimating Departments.
• Assist Superintendent/PM/ Estimator with project-related tasks
• Maintain and organize project finishes and run errands as needed
• Attending project meetings and preparing meeting minutes
• General office duties such as ordering job site supplies, and office upkeep
• Update project binders & filing as needed.
• Responsible for accurate and detailed client proposal and vendor purchase order
• Assist with overall project schedules and lining up sub-contractors.
• Assist in-field Project Managers with day to day requests.
– Our Ideal candidate would have a background in of studies the following majors
o Mechanical engineering
o Electrical engineering
o Architectural engineering
o Construction Management
o Civil Engineering
o Business Management – With a focus on project management
Engineering Internship – Job Description
General Job Description:
· Experience the activity and workflows of a large engineering firm – focusing on Civil Engineering, Permitting, Environmental Science, Transportation Planning & Engineering and Marketing. The Intern will rotate departments to get exposure to different services.
Departments + Rotation:
· Onboarding + Training
· Assist with research, writing, and preparing materials for the Real Estate Sector
· Research clients + projects – collect data
· Write copy for the web + project sheets and/or resumes
· Attend Friday scheduling session
· Briefing on field safety and preparation
· Assist with field survey
· Get exposure to plan preparation and registry research
· Work side by side with engineers as they develop design solutions for urban and suburban building projects
· Attend meetings with regulators and owners related to design review
· Participate in site construction observations
· Exposure to CAD based design and computer modelling of storm-water systems
· Participate in site research and on-site evaluations
· Visit the on-going Harvard Allston construction site (some training required)
· gain insight on what it takes to permit large and complicated real estate development projects by working closely with the Permitting Team
· Attend internal team meetings as well as client meetings
· Work side by side with team leaders, assist with the preparation of an environmental filing to gain experience with all the different technical studies required for a filing
· Prepare research or other materials as necessary during the internship
· Participate in discussions regarding strategy and project timelines
· Work with our scientist to perform environmental due diligence to establish potential sources of oil and/or hazardous material (OHM) in the environment and manage data to determine if there is a risk posed by contaminants identified through sampling
· Work with our scientists/engineers in both the office and field to delineate environmental resource areas
· Work with task managers on preparing permit applications and supporting studies
· Assist Water Resources with report development, watershed and drainage calculations, and fieldwork
· Participate in site construction observations/Storm-water Pollution Prevention Plan inspections
· Exposure to CAD based design and computer modelling of storm-water and natural systems
Transportation Planning and Engineering:
· Assist with transportation planning (mobility, parking, access, transit) for real estate developments, institutional projects and municipal improvement projects
· Exposure to transportation planning analysis software and techniques
· Participate in project research and on-site evaluations and data collection
· Attend project coordination and planning meetings
· Contribute to written reporting of traffic impact analyses
· Work side by side with planners and they develop plans for communities and private developers
· Attend client planning sessions
· Attend presentation sessions as possible
· Work with Landscape Architects as they prepare design plans
· Filed coordination of built work
· Sit with the visualization team on development of 3D project representations
Qualifications and Work Expectations:
· Familiarity with Engineering – desire for further exposure to the industry.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
CREST is committed to providing Interns meaningful work experience that is both challenging and rewarding. Additionally, the personal and professional skills training that CREST provides will heighten your capabilities in ways that benefit you for years to come, all while building a network of industry leading companies and professionals who will support your career progression from the very beginning.
To apply for this job please visit app.joinhandshake.com.