Growing Truss Company is looking for someone that is interested in design. This person will have an interest in the quoting and designing of Roof and Floor Trusses. This individual will have to be able to work under pressure, manage their time appropriately, and complete tasks with minimal supervision. This position will be part of a team and will have to collaborate with multiple people in order to complete their daily tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce floor and roof truss placement plans, truss design drawings and truss quotes using your ability to understand blueprints and customer requirements for specific projects.
- Determine design specifications based on blueprints and structural design needs.
- Create shop paperwork that is optimized and batch for efficiency based on equipment used in manufacturing.
- Communicate with customer and sales staff on technical aspects of plans which require clarification from customer, Architect or Engineer.
- Consult with more experienced component technicians and management when more in-depth analysis is required.
- Plan and pace your own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Knowledge of drafting, architectural design or CAD applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Mitek Software preferred.
- Previous experience in design will be preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org