We are hiring a key member of the management team to provide leadership and supervision for technical staff working in energy efficiency and waste reduction programs. The Technical Services Department Manager develops and implements the department’s strategy, assessing risks and identifying corrective actions to optimize the department’s functions in energy efficiency and waste reduction. The Technical Services Department Manager collaborates with Program and Project Managers across a matrix structure to ensure various program goals are achieved. The Manager works with employees towards individual and continuous team improvement as they work towards saving energy and reducing waste.
- Develops operational strategies, contributes to department budget, and establishes effective goals.
- Allocates resources and ensures resources needed to meet current and budgeted program and project deliverables are available.
- Adjusts tactics to respond to changes in program requirements, personnel or methods. Analyzes data and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provides leadership for the department through setting goals.
Represents the organizations technical capabilities with clients and other organizations.
- Delegates to utilize employee strengths, coaches, and fosters teamwork.
- Monitors performance and ensures staff meet program, quality, and services standards.
- Increases productivity of staff through continuous improvement of personnel and procedures.
- Conducts reviews. Develops and implements training plans or other measures to correct deficiencies if needed. Hires, terminates and adjusts compensation.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with benefits. To qualify, you must have a minimum of 5-10 years proven management success, and preferably working within a matrix structure. You should have 2 years performing technical services in the energy efficiency marketplace, either commercial or residential programs. Bachelors of science or equivalent experience. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of both energy efficiency and waste reduction programs and technology.
You should have strong interpersonal skills including written, phone, email and verbal. Must be able to set clear goals and create a team environment. Must be able to problem-solve and respond proactively to programmatic and personnel changes with the ability to iterate and adapt quickly. Lead through example to inspire others. Work style should be self-directed, flexible, creative, detail-oriented, and organized. Strong computer skills in MS Office and CRM software required, Salesforce experience preferred. This is a remote position located in the Northeast, with occasional travel to Massachusetts. Remote employees must have high speed internet access and a working location free from distractions and interference during business hours. You must be be able to pass a drug test and background check.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for CET’s Mission and a desire to work in a non-profit environment. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis. CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. We strive for a welcoming and inclusive environment. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com