The Center for EcoTechnology is hiring an experienced energy consultant to provide leadership to the Technical Services Department focused on energy efficiency and waste reduction. The Technical Services Department Lead performs residential energy efficiency consulting services while assisting the Department Manager in supporting department resources across a broad spectrum of programmatic activities including energy efficiency and waste reduction. This is a remote position (New England) with up to 50% travel throughout Massachusetts and occasional travel to other states.
- Provides direction and mentorship to the technical services team working across all programs and projects including energy efficiency in existing and new construction in the residential, commercial and farm sectors, and commercial waste reduction.
- Provides coaching and guidance on procedures, best practices, and problem solving and other non-routine situations.
- Reviews work/work products, procedures and systems, and performs periodic quality checks. Helps institute and maintain quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Trains new employees on technical and procedural details; provides retraining as needed.
- Conducts energy efficiency services according to program requirements.
- Performs diagnostic testing and quality assurance.
Installs instant savings measures such as aerators and thermostats.
- Communicates with customer and motivates to implement recommendations and educates them on available rebates and incentives.
- Uses software to quantify savings and produce reports.
- Commitment to the mission of the Center for EcoTechnology and enthusiasm for working in a non-profit.
Bachelor’s degree in physical or environmental science, math or engineering preferred.
- 2 to 6 years relevant experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- Experience providing leadership, with proven ability to communicate effectively, train, and mentor a team.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and energy modeling software.
- Salesforce or other CRM software experience helpful; ability to maintain and communicate project information and status required.
- Strong communication skills including written, phone, email and verbal.
- Ability to problem-solve, be flexible, creative, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Must have a driver’s license, a good driving record, and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens, using hand tools (such as powered tools, measuring devices, etc.), lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, navigating in small/enclosed places, climbing stairs and ladders, and working in loud, warm and cold environment.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skill and ability. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitude to perform each duty proficiently. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. We strive for a welcoming and inclusive environment. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.
To apply for this job please visit cet.bamboohr.com.