The Estimator will be responsible for building relationships with subcontractors and owners to accurately project the costs for construction projects. This position is full-time, with the option to be based in our Connecticut or Massachusetts office on a hybrid work model.
Who We Are
C.E. Floyd Company, PBC is a mid-sized general contractor / construction management company with offices in Bedford, MA and Middletown, CT. For more than 30 years, we’ve provided construction management services to carry out collaborative visions for educational, senior living, hospitality, healthcare/biotech and commercials markets in the New England area.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Reporting to the Director of Estimating and working closely with a Senior Estimator, you’ll be responsible for calculating and accurately projecting the costs for construction projects as you carry out the following responsibilities:
- Foster new and existing relationships with subcontractors and owners for long-term partnership;
- Develop and conduct quantity surveys and material, labor and equipment takeoffs to prepare detailed breakdown of estimates;
- Coordinate full, comprehensive, detailed estimating services on large, small and/or complex work for commercial projects;
- Read and analyze blueprints, specifications, and subcontractor proposals to provide consistent and comprehensive bid tabs and estimates, visiting onsite when necessary.
Who You Are
As a member of the CEFamily, you’ll be expected to uphold C.E. Floyd’s core values: Never Shirk, Service Above Else, Prepare for Success, Firm but Fair, and Work Hard/Play Hard.
As Estimator, you’ll benefit from in-house onboarding and training to build onto the following preferred qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a commercial construction management environment
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or business-related field or equivalent work experience
- General understanding of construction means, methodologies, commercial codes, construction scheduling/sequencing and costs associated with material vendors and subcontractors in an “Open Shop” marketplace;
- Close attention to detail, organized and multitasking abilities with a natural interest and aptitude for working with numbers;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with proven ability to work independently and as part of a team to build long-lasting relationships;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a sense of humor and “can-do” attitude;
- Experience with database estimating software, accounting, or direct work on educational, senior residences, healthcare or similar projects preferred.
Why C.E. Floyd?
Building Visions and People®
We believe in helping our clients and design teams bring their Visions to life and provide their communities with built environments to grow, create, and thrive. We are dedicated to building our People, our CEFamily, by ensuring all are provided the tools, opportunities, and the space to reach their full potential both in the workplace and in their own personal lives.
We offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package, including:
- Health, dental and optional vision insurance
- Health reimbursement arrangement and flexible savings accounts for health and dependent care
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Company iPhone, apparel, and ergonomic desk setup
- Paid time off and incentive programs for using all accrued vacation, plus one paid volunteer day
- Professional development and opportunities for advancement
At C.E. Floyd, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any applicant for these or any other federal, state or local protected classes.
How to Apply
Hiring for this position will also require references and background screen, if selected. This position has the option to be based in Bedford, MA or Middletown, CT. Relocation is not available.
Please include your personal email and phone number with your resume. No phone calls, please!
To apply for this job please visit cefloyd.com.