Website Building Evolution Corporation
High Performance Building Consulting
Do you have a passion for sustainability, building science and performance? Do you crave an environment where your hard-earned experience is valued? Do you aspire to join a growing business committed to being a great team? Do you dream about professional work life that prizes both hard work and flexibility?
If so, then we need to talk. Building Evolution Corporation (BEC) has immediate openings for qualified professionals to join our team.
BEC is looking for a fun, hardworking, self-directed, and aspiring individual with a passion for building performance to join our team highly skilled in building science and be a part of its growth.
The Mechanical/Architectural Engineer is a key asset to the team, leading technical building performance services for our clients. The Mechanical Engineer/Architectural/Engineer must exhibit strong technical skills, self-management, client relationship management, project management and communication skills. The candidate must be capable of making immediate contributions to client projects and company initiatives through advanced knowledge of building mechanical and enclosure systems; proficiency in energy modeling and data analysis; and hands-on, in-field diagnostics and testing.
- On-site assessments and investigations involving visual observation and diagnostic testing of building performance issues, enclosure/mechanical system failures
- Technical design review of Enclosure and Mechanical design.
- Energy modelling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm for Passive House (PHIUS).
- Manage tasks and projects to budget.
- Conduct client communications to the highest professional standards.
- Manage, Mentor, and Develop other team members.
- Business development including, but not limited to, proposal development and delivery.
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualities:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related Building Science degree.
- Advanced technical knowledge of HVAC and building enclosure systems.
- Technical proficiency in energy modeling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm.
- The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Example of Potential Certifications/Learning:
- PHIUS Certified Passive House Consultant® (CPHC)
- AEE Certified Energy Manager® (CEM)
- BCXA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- Building Analyst (BPI)
- ENERGY STAR – Various
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) – Conferences & Events
- PASSIVEhouse MA – Events
- Association of Engineers (AEE) New England – Events
- Work to be performed primarily within the Worcester office (3-4 days/week).
- Same-day local travel to client sites 1-2 days/week. Very occasional out of state overnight travel may be expected.
- Competitive pay as well as bonus plan.
- 75% employer paid medical insurance.
- Employer paid vision and dental.
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings plan with employer match.
- Generous Personal Time Off (PTO) and Company Time Off (CTO).
Building Evolution Corporation (BEC) provides our clients with holistic energy, performance, and durability consulting through all phases of the built-environment, from conceptual design, through construction, continuous-commissioning and operational optimization.
BEC’s vision is to be a market leader for the high-performance built environment while being a responsible for-profit business enterprise, promoting education, and having fun along the journey.
Our mission is to provide our clients the knowledge to make informed decisions on the implementation of high-performance buildings through advanced and holistic enclosure and HVAC ideology. We provide “cradle to cradle” energy and durability consulting from conceptual design, through construction and commissioning services, and throughout building lifespan operations. Our work results in buildings that work better for building owners, for the people that use them, and for the planet.
At BEC, our responsibility to our clients is to provide quality and comprehensive service. This requires collaboration from a diverse team with unique backgrounds and perspectives. The team perspective evolves and grows with continuous education and through exposure to new ideas. To continue to grow, BEC actively seeks employees with diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and ideas.
To apply for this job please visit buildingevo.com.