Website Auburndale Builders
Auburndale Builders builds new custom homes, renovations, additions, and historic restorations in the Metro West region of Boston. Using our knowledge of historic homes and leading-edge building science we create energy-efficient, net-zero homes powered by renewable energy. We believe supporting our employees, clients, and the environment is integral to the success of our company and community.
We are seeking a full-time construction Project Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate is an experienced project manager who has worked in custom residential construction for a minimum of 10 years and can juggle managing multiple projects at the same time. The Project Manager is the point person between the client, the design team, and the Site Supervisor. The role of the Project Manager is to oversee all administrative aspects of a project from start to finish to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Communication and organization skills, along with hands-on experience in the construction trades, are key to success in this role. Familiarity with green building techniques, net-zero construction, Passive House, and Living Building Challenge is a plus. Experience with CoConstruct or other construction project management software is preferred.
Auburndale Builders offers a competitive compensation package with a salary range for this position of $80,000-$100,000, including health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, generous paid time off, an annual education/training stipend, access to professional coaching, paid volunteer time, and a 401k match.
We prioritize applications from folks from equity-seeking groups, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Color, Trans, Nonbinary, Queer, Disabled, and intersections of those identities.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume. This position is open until filled.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Owner/General Manager, production manager, clients, design team, and Site Supervisor on all phases of project development to assure there is adequate project documentation in place prior to construction start and adherence to project documentation, budget, and schedule once the project has started.
- Providing exceptional customer service and maintaining consistent communication with all team members.
- Facilitating team meetings with architects, clients, site leads, and trades. Preparing meeting agendas, and recording and sharing meeting notes promptly with all participants.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of CoConstruct and other technologies required for communication and tracking of project status.
- Developing feasibility budgets and supporting the Estimator in generating detailed estimates.
- Developing and maintaining project schedules for client decision-making, material ordering, subcontractor coordination, crew scheduling, inspections, and construction tasks during both project development and construction phases.
- Producing RFIs, RFPs, and change order documents as needed and in a timely fashion.
- Supporting Site Supervisors with material procurement and subcontractor and inspection coordination.
- Tracking and monitoring all project costs for comparison to estimates.
- Coding vendor and subcontractor invoices to appropriate categories.
- Overseeing safety and quality control processes.
- Ensuring achievement of agreed-upon building performance standards.
- Running weekly client meetings.
- Creating Owners’ Manuals at project completion.
- Performing product and code research.
- Setting up physical or digital project binders for site supervisors.
- Generating construction agreements.
- Facilitating project kick-off meetings and project pre- and post-mortems.
- Acquiring and maintaining all licenses required by state or local jurisdictions.
To apply for this job please visit auburndale-builders.breezy.hr.