Residential Construction Management Competition
Number: BCT 397R
Format: In person
Meeting Times: Wed, 4:00 - 6:00 & Thu, 5:30 - 6:45
Room: Olver Design Building 162
The NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Student Chapters Residential Construction Management Competition (RCMC) is one of the highlights of the annual International Builders’ Show. The competition gives students the opportunity to apply skills learned in the classroom to a real construction company by completing a management project/proposal. Proposals are submitted to a group of construction company executives who act as judges. During the convention, students defend their proposals to the judges in front of an audience
Note: This course can be taken twice for credit without it counting as a re-take.
- Develop a project plan such as work breakdown and sequencing.
- Conduct an estimating process including types of estimates, quantity take offs, unit costs, resource management, and equipment costs.
- Estimate project cash flows.
- Develop a project schedule such as bar charts.
- Develop a cost control including general cost control systems, indirect costs, and fixed overhead cost.
- Develop a project safety plan utilizing OSHA, jobsite conditions, and accident prevention programs.
- Introduction to Autodesk 3D Max, Autodesk AutoCad, Autodesk Revit, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Rhinoceros 3D, Trimble SketchUp, Trimble WinEst