Careers in BCT
Number: BCT 192A
Format: In person, Amherst
Meeting Times: Wed, 1:25 - 2:15
Room: Olver Design Building 162
PhD, LEED AP BD+C
Senior Lecturer & Chief Undergraduate Advisor
Office: Olver Design Building 320
Phone: +1 (413) 545-1970
Required for all new majors. This seminar is designed to help freshmen and new transfer students to make a successful start within the Building and Construction Technology (BCT) program. Various resources and opportunities around the major and the university will be reviewed. This seminar also gives students an opportunity to ask lots of questions and will help them integrate into the campus life.
- Experience higher personal expectations of his/her ability to meaningfully participate in academic life.
- Develop a professional resume with assistance from the CNS Career & Professional Development Center.
- Develop a personal curriculum plan geared toward personal career goals.
- Interact with faculty and other students regarding academic and career matters.
- Make a comfortable transition to college life.
- Introduction to Microsoft Office