ASC Competition Region 1
Number: BCT 392C
Format: In person
Meeting Times: Fridays 2:30-5pm
Room: Olver Design Building 162
The Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) Competition can provide a non-traditional learning environment for students and enhance their learning. The BCT department and I, as an educator, have supported the benefits of participation in intercollegiate competitions. Many students in the U.S. have various opportunities for intercollegiate students’ competition to apply their knowledge to real-world problems. ASC holds regional competitions in which the construction companies are the sponsors. Many programs in the U.S. send teams for the ASC competitions, and the students can learn through the competitions. Proposals are submitted to a group of construction company executives who act as judges. During the convention, students defend their proposals to the judges in front of an audience.
Students will be required to attend the annual ASC Competition Region 1 in Albany/NY, which is one of the highlights of the National and International ASC Competition.
Open to BCT sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Improving Teamwork and Collaboration,
- Enhancing Social and Emotional Learning,
- Developing Academic Skills,
- Increasing Intrinsic Motivation,
- Enhancing Beneficial Peer Comparasions,
- Strengthening Academic Self-Concept,
- Facilitating Growth Mindsets,
- Building Mental Toughness,
- Developing Agency (Construction companies in the industries driving our economy today look for employees who can think. People who can analyze situations and determine a course of action without being told what to do),
- Improving Risk Analysis,
- During the competition, the students will be submitted to real-world scenarios.