Advance Construction Technology Trends and Material Testing
Number: BCT 565
Meeting Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 04:00 pm – 5:15 pm
Room: Olver Design Building 162
*Formerly BCT 590STB
This course introduces students to material testing and technological environments in which the construction industry operates today. The program is designed for students with a passion for technologies such as cloud data, drones, photogrammetry, additive manufacturing, AI, Robotics, VR, and AR in the Built Environment and a passion to influence the design and engineering of the built environment through material testing such as nondestructive testing and evaluation, chemical testing, thermal analysis, and code compliance testing. The curriculum will prepare this next generation of innovators to not only harness the power of technological innovation but to bridge the industry’s fragmentation in order to foster collaboration, catalyze change, and offer advanced and sustainable solutions to global problems.
• Appreciate and explain at least five of the current construction technologies.
• Explore, discover, and appreciate the importance of modern technology trends in
• Understand typical and potential testing technologies used in testing materials in
the AEC industry.
• Identify opportunities for the rationalization of construction systems and production
• Create awareness and explore the relationship between projects and the environment,
including the integration of environmental protection in their planning, implementation,
No Required Textbook for this Course