Continuing Education

DSC_4574Interested in taking our courses or working with our faculty without being a UMass student? This is possible through a per-credit fee-based enrollment process. Keep in mind, though, that enrolling into single courses does not confer any degrees or certificates. Also, if you are a Five College student, you can already enroll into our courses through this process.

Anyone not enrolled at UMass or the Five Colleges can sign up for a regularly scheduled BCT course (you can find a list of what we offer on the BCT course page) or a faculty-sponsored independent study through Continuing and Professional Education (CPE). You can learn more about the process here:

 For regular BCT courses

 For independent study courses

Contact the appropriate faculty member in BCT (i.e. the course instructor) to get their permission for enrollment and then register through CPE.

Current Online Courses

Summer Term:

Fall Term:

We are always working on improving our online course offerings. Browse the full online CPE course calendar to see which of our courses are available at the moment and to register.


For questions regarding individual courses, contact BCT. You can also contact faculty directly here.

For questions regarding enrollment, contact the CPE Registration Office here:  – (413) 545-2424 or (800) 922-8211