The research facilities of the Building and Construction Technology program have been established to perform independent and unbiased research and contract work. We can provide research services to business, government and industry in the areas of:
- Testing of wood and engineered wood products
- Performance testing of building systems
- Mechanical testing of materials
- Physical testing of moisture barriers
- Market research
- Economics research
- Wood identification
- Product development & improvement
- Building forensics: Failure analysis and prediction
- Building performance assessment
- Building energy simulation
- Energetic retrofitting and upgrade of buildings
- Building energy analysis
Learn more about the research we do on our Research page.
Individual faculty should be contacted directly to discuss contract work. Or contact the program director to make general inquiries.