Why hire BCT students?
Building and Construction Technology graduates combine a passion for sustainable and resource-efficient building with a solid background in construction, building science and technology, business and project management.
During their studies at UMass, BCT students enjoy an applied, project-based learning environment while receiving the required technical and scientific foundation for their future career. Our curriculum combines courses centered around sustainable building in the areas of construction technology, materials performance and engineering, building systems and energy, estimating, business and project management, marketing, digital tools, as well as written and oral communications. You can find the complete list of courses on this page. Many of our classes are interdisciplinary, which gives our students knowledge of related fields and prepares them well for teamwork and collaboration.
You can learn more about our undergraduate and graduate programs on our About Us page.
How can you reach out to our students?
- You can always call or email the program director, Alexander Schreyer, with any inquiries.
- If you have a job offer (for temporary, internship, or permanent employment), send it to us on the Contact Form page. We will disseminate it through all of our channels (email lists, LinkedIn group, Facebook,…) as appropriate.
- You can also submit any job offers on the UMass CareerConnect site. Students check that site often for internship opportunities.
- Every spring we are offering a senior capstone seminar (BCT 494BI) to approx. 50 graduating seniors. Companies that are actively hiring are invited to present about their corporate culture and employment possibilities. Some even conduct interviews right afterwards. Contact the program director if you are interested in participating.
- We have a LinkedIn group where any relevant company can directly reach our students and alumni. Click on the LinkedIn icon in the sidebar to to request membership and we will approve it, as appropriate. You can also check out our Student Resumes page where you can find LinkedIn profiles for some of our graduating students.
- While BCT is not currently hosting one, UMass organizes annual Civil Engineering and general Engineering career fairs. Follow these links for more information: Civil Engineering, UMass Career Services. BCT students frequently attend at least the civil engineering career fair.