Visit the UMass Financial Aid Services website for general information about financial aid and scolarships.
This is a sampling of various scholarships and fellowships that are available to our students.
- AGC (MA) Scholarships (November) – http://agcmass.org/membership/scholarships
- BCT Scholarships (April) – http://bct.eco.umass.edu/academics/student-awards
- CMAA Fellowship for Construction Management (June) – http://www.cmaafoundation.org
- HBRAWM Scholarships (May) – http://www.hbrawm.com/homebuildersfounda/scholarshipprogram
- Honors College Scholarships – https://www.honors.umass.edu/scholarships
- Udall Fellowship – http://www.udall.gov/OurPrograms/MKUScholarship/MKUScholarship.aspx
- More here: https://www.honors.umass.edu/onsa
Financial assistance is provided to virtually all research graduate students through teaching or research assistantships, University fellowships, or hourly wages. Tuition and most fees are waived during semesters in which at least a one-quarter-time assistantship or fellowship is awarded. Assistantships are available through individual faculty members who have grant-supported research or who have University funding for teaching assistants for their undergraduate classes. The Graduate School awards a small number of University fellowships to applicants (including those from outside the U.S.) with exceptionally strong records.
Funding opportunities are more limited for students in the professional options. Some assistantships may be available, but the primary source for financial support is from internships with agencies that can provide stipends. The same rules regarding tuition waivers apply to stipends earned outside of the University, if the internship is directly related to the student’s graduate program; that is, tuition and most fees are waived during semesters in which the stipend is equal to a one-quarter-time assistantship.
Last updated: May 18, 2015