Undergraduate Fellowships Links:
This is a sampling of various scholarships and fellowships that are available to our students.
- AGC (MA) Scholarships (November) – http://agcmass.org/membership/scholarships
- BCT Scholarships (April) – http://bct.eco.umass.edu/academics/student-awards
- CMAA Fellowship for Construction Management (June) – http://www.cmaafoundation.org
- HBRAWM Scholarships (May) – http://www.hbrawm.com/homebuildersfounda/scholarshipprogram
- Honors College Scholarships – https://www.honors.umass.edu/scholarships
- Udall Fellowship – http://www.udall.gov/OurPrograms/MKUScholarship/MKUScholarship.aspx
- More here: https://www.honors.umass.edu/onsa
Graduate opportunities can be found at the Financial Aid Services website as well, especially the Graduate Financial Aid page. Information on tuition and fee waivers can be found on the Bursar’s office site and on the Graduate School website.
Professional Master’s Students
Because of the course-based nature of the professional Master’s degree, it is commonly expected that students self-fund their studies. If time permits, limited funding opportunities may be available for students in the professional options based on teaching or research assistantships (which can allow them to qualify for tuition and fee waivers – see the Graduate School website).
Research Graduate Students (M.S. or Ph.D.)
Financial assistance is provided to research graduate students through teaching or research assistantships, University fellowships, or hourly wages. Tuition and most fees are waived during semesters in which at least a one-quarter-time assistantship or fellowship is awarded. The same rules regarding tuition waivers apply to stipends earned outside of the University, if the internship is directly related to the student’s graduate program; that is, tuition and most fees are waived during semesters in which the stipend is equal to a one-quarter-time assistantship. Assistantships are often available through individual faculty members who have grant-supported research or who have University funding for teaching assistants for their undergraduate classes. The Graduate School awards a small number of University fellowships to applicants (including those from outside the U.S.) with exceptionally strong records.
Graduate Fellowships Links:
Last updated: July 2, 2015